I’ve been know to rock clip-in hair extensions from time to time; I have a few sets of neutrals, and plenty of bright colors too. People always ask how I make them, so I decided to share my process in a new YouTube video! I hope you all enjoy and good luck with your new hairdo!
As most of you know, on top of everything I do, I also play roller derby. Earlier this year, my makeup crazed teammate, Bambi Bloodlust, and I rummaged through our makeup arsenals to give you our top 14 bout day products! These products hold up through the sweat and adrenaline during game day. Check out this #proudtobeapunisher Project post for a full list of products!
I am going to share with you three little things that have brought joy into my life this past week!
1. Mr. Cash
Let me introduce to you Mr. Cash. My husband and I adopted him from the APL two weekends ago. He is super sweet and all about snuggles!
In celebration of bringing Mr. Cash home, I decided to have a little fun at my nail appointment. Sasa Nails hooked me up with kitty cat nails!
3. New music!
Who doesn’t love a new good download? You should definitely check out Vinnie Hines. Vinnie and I went to the same high school back in the day. He is super talented and going places! Download his songs on iTunes.
Here are a few little “Cheap Tricks” will change your beauty routine and possibly even save your life. Okay, so maybe dry shampoo didn’t “save” my life, but it sure cut back on a lot of time I spend washing and drying my hair.
1) Batiste: Hint of Color Dry Shampoo (Ulta- $8.99): I used to be one of those girls who washed her hair EVERYDAY. I had to. There was no other choice; my hair would form a greasy film in just a short 24 hours. I wanted to break the cycle because washing my hair everyday was a task. First, you have to train your hair, just like any other part of your body. I started washing my hair every other day, and using dry shampoo between each wash. The first day my hair was down, the second, up & teased; this was my new cycle. Adding a day to my cycle when I felt brave, or lazy enough, finally brought me to where I am now: washing my hair every 4-5 days. It’s actually really liberating to not be bogged down by a daily wash and blow dry, and it’s healthier for my hair. I really enjoy the Hint of Color line from Batiste; it blends better than a lot of other dry shampoos that can look flat and too powdery. I use a mix of the Vibrant & Red and Dark & Deep Brown, depending on how fresh my color is.
2) Vaseline (Walgreens- $2.89): Vaseline is a world wonder. It has so many functions and is super cheap! Not only do I use it for its typical pharmacy functions, but I also use it to remove eye makeup. After a shower or bath, simply remove the raccoon eyes with a little Vaseline and tissue. Boom!
3) Revlon Eyelash Curler (Ulta- $4.99): I’m not necessarily advocating for this particular eyelash curler (it just happens to be the one in my Beauty Bag right now), but the idea in general. Use them! No one likes stick straight lashes, it’s just not cute. A little trick to really get the most out of your curler: use your hair dryer. I blast a shot of hot air on my tool for a few seconds and then curl. Lashes = poppin! (Tip: I test the temperature of the curler on my lips before I curl. Don’t burn your eyelids ladies.)
4) e.l.f. Essential Eyeliner Brush (Target- $1.00): I may be in the minority here, but I prefer a flat eyeliner brush over an angled one. It’s just more user friendly and this brush in only $1! With this brush I can take any eye shadow and manipulate it into liner. Here’s how: get the brush wet, push it into your favorite shadow on either side, tap off the extra shadow and line away.
These are some of my favorite products I use every day, they are staples in my beauty bag!
1. Revlon Colorstay in 310 Warm Golden (Walgreens): My skin is slightly oily, and even more so in the summer. This is a great full coverage foundation that really stays put! I’ve prefer to use a full coverage foundation to help even out my skin tone. Another great thing about this product is the price!
2. Buxom Blush in Euphoria (Sephora): I LOVE this blush! I love that it has a matte finish; I don’t care for shimmer in my blush. The color is gorgeous; a great hue for people with warm skin tones.
4. Hoola Benefit bronzer (Sephora): Once again loving this because there is no shimmer; it has a beautiful matte finish. I use this to contour my cheekbones, blending it up to my temples.
5. Make Up Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara (Sephora): Can we just take a minute to talk about this brush! I was a skeptic at first, but after a few tries I was hooked! Thank you Ipsy for introducing this fabulous product to my makeup routine!